Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Monday, April 26, 2010

Where's Miranda?

Greetings everyone!

I am sorry that I have been MIA for the last few days. Have you missed me? I have missed you. But I have just been very busy lately as you all know, working my butt off, having picked up a zillion extra shifts just in case I needed the $$$ had I been laid off. As we know, I did not get laid off, and am pretty confident I won't be either, so after next weekend, I am back to a regular work routine.

I've been struggling still with high stress levels, still, even since taking last Wednesday to myself, and not having been getting up early to go to the gym.

I felt that I needed to continue to rest, and part of my resting was taking a short hiatus from blogging. That however is not to say that I haven't been photo journalling my days, with the exception of Sunday.

So rather than play a ginormous game of catch up, I am only going to report on Saturday. The other days I didn't do much that worrents chatting about. Food was boring and I didn't do anything exciting. But Saturday I did.

I had a long Saturday ahead of me. I was up at 7:30, was going to be spending a few hours outside and then working until 11pm. So I started the day off with something simple yet filling.
Scrambled egg whites with 1whole egg and 1 cup of chopped broccoli.

Then it was in the car off to pick up MB.
Hi MB!

We were then off to a park 15 minutes away from her house in Scarborough to . . . . . PLANT TREES!

Let me tell you I was very excited for this day to come. It had been planned for a good month or more, and I was so so excited. I think I was even more excited because I wasn't planting trees at home in Bowmanville (smaller town - where when reading Friday's paper Sunday morning, I found out I could have done in town), but rather in the city of Toronto, where you don't often think of green spaces. There were several locations all around the city, even the Mayor participated, just not at our location.
This is where we were planting up along and over the hill.
A couple of shovels on hand for us to use.
Some mulch, which later while getting our pedicures, we noticed both MB and I had these red rashy marks on our knees probably from the mulch. This pile of mulch was gonzo by the end of the 2 hours of planting.
Getting our lesson in all the steps needed to plant our trees.
MB with her first tree laying down the mulch.
Ta-Da 1 of 10 down for MB! Beautiful picture!
My turn with the first of my 10 trees.
So cute.
Showing my tree some love so it grows big and strong.
MB and I planted 3 trees super fast and then we looked around and the next thing we knew, we were surrounded by other volunteer tree planters.
To our left, boy scouts.
To our left lots and lots more people all the way down the park side.

Checkout the friend one of my trees made as soon as it was planted.
MB and I headed down where we thought we could have more space and more trees to plant, down the side of the big hill. Have you ever tried to plant a tree on the down slope of a hill with lots of strangers around you doing the same. It's hard!
We went back over to the original area we were in, as it had emptied out, and there was still lots of trees to be planted.

Oh! You know why the trees were still there and no one around? Because it wasn't all properly tilled before hand.

We had to get down on our hands and knees to dig around the big a$s rocks and BRICKS. Yes bricks, like house bricks.
Sadly the rocks and bricks slowed us down which is why we only planted 10 each instead of more. But 10 is better than none right!?

After the trees were all planted MB and I went off to Kelsey's for some lunch.

I ordered a club salad minus the bacon and sub the ranch dressing for a balsamic.
Some bruschetta tomatoes, feta and yes guacamole! Great salad.
After to kill time, as I had to work in Scarborough at 3, we went to get ourselves cleaned up with mani/pedi's. No pictures as I forgot. I was just so relaxed laying back being pampered and chatting.

3pm off to work.

I had packed my dinner as I am trying to drop the stress lbs I've gained. But it was also homemade pizza night at the group home. So I grabbed a half a slice to add to my salmon salad.
For my evening snack I sliced up and ate 1 gala apple and 1 plum.
Tasty snack while watching the Breakup and I Love You Man at the group home.

Come 11pm I was out the door and zooming home. I was so tired, I could have fallen asleep at 9:30/10pm if I wasn't working.

How was your weekend? Did you do anything really fun?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails