Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Friday, April 16, 2010

OIAJ

The other day when I made my most recent batch of 5 Minute No Bake Granola Bars, I finished off my Cashew Butter.

Or did I?

Following a few blogs, I have discovered this wonderful creation called OIAJ.

What is OIAJ?

Oats In A Jar.

So here is what you do.

Take your 'empty' jar of nut butter. Here is mine!
See how there is that little little bit still around the edges of the jar and in the bottom. Still lots of tasty goodness in there. So use this jar as your morning bowl.
Add
  1. 1 cup of water
  2. 1/3 cup of oats
  3. 1/8 cup or 1 egg white

Take one banana. I thew mine on a plate, nuked it for 30 seconds, took it out and mashed it up, nuking it again for another 30 seconds. Then I threw it in my jar, along with some Chia seeds and ground flax. Tossed that in the microwave for 1 minute. Then I topped it with some Kashi granola cereal, unsweetened coconut, dried blueberries and goji berries. Stir and mix together. This was my first experience with OIAJ. I really didn't know what to expect. Pretty much, and I don't want to sound like I am downplaying it because my OIAJ were fabulous! It's nut butter oatmeal in a jar.

I highly recommend you try this the next time your jar is 'empty' or almost empty.

Have you ever tried OIAJ before? What is your favourite items to add to your OIAJ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails