Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Saturday, April 3, 2010

I commited squirrelslaugher

OMG! ! ! ! ! !

I feel so terrible!

While I was driving to work this morning, there was a car behind me, and cars beside me, driving in the opposite direction.

A squirrel runs out into the middle of my lane. . . . . .

I don't swerve (because I can't) . . . . .

I don't slow down because you aren't supposed to (safety reasons) . . . . . .

The squirrel stops. . . . .

I adjust slightly to make sure the squirrel is in the middle of my car, so I don't run him over. . . .

First set of wheels, cleared. . . . .

. . . . . the squirrel makes a run for it. . . . .

Kerthunk, pop and crunch. . . . .

*chin quiver*

I ran over Mr. Squirrel. . . . .

Squirrelslaughter!

I had to call The Husband. I was fighting back tears.

To give you a better understanding as to how I hate road kill.

I don't even like it when I see road kill on the road. I gag.

I don't like it when my car or The Husbands car tires run over road kill. I gag.

This happened just over an hour ago. I am still traumatized, at knowing I possibly killed a little squirrel dad/husband who was probably out gathering food for his family or out scouting a new housing location.

*Sigh*

I hope your morning starts off better than mine has.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails