Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Free Starbucks Coffee Day!

Starbucks is the coolest. Today they hosted a free coffee day. What's the catch? You need to bring in your own travel mug to get said free coffee. So You know I grabbed my travel mug from home and headed right on down to Starbucks. What they are continuing to do is, encouraging people to always use their own travel mug in place of a disposable paper cup. If you do this, you will save .10 cents on your purchase. Check out this link, so see how many trees you could save over the course of 50 years if you always use your travel mug in place of your disposable paper cup. For me as I do not drink coffee every day, never mind use a disposable cup everyday, I entered 1 cup of coffee a day. That means I would save 7 trees over 50 years. So far 43332 people have pledged to use their travel mugs in place of the disposable paper cups.

So when I went to get my free coffee, I thought, I wanted to be able to show off my Starbucks love, so I bought a new travel mug. It's one of the new ceramic styled mugs. So my free coffee after taxes cost me over 13$ lol. But I love the new mug. For breakfast I made a yogurt granola cereal melange.
1/8 cup Kellogs All Bran Buds
1 palm full of Natures Path - Flax Plus Multigrain Cereal.
1/2 cup Kashi - Honey Almond Flax cereal.
Add a few cashews and raisins to the party.
Cover in 1/2 cup of Liberte Greek yogurt and let it sit in the fridge for 10 minutes. Eat and enjoy!

I was out of the office the morning with some meetings, so I packed something that would travel well. Perhaps my newest batch of 5 minute no bake granola bars. I added raisins this time around.

Back at the office for lunch. I was pretty light headed and jittery from the coffee, so I mowed down my lunch. Thankfully not too fast, so that I was able to enjoy it and feel satiated after eating it.

I was going to make a wrap, but I didn't want the hassle of having to pack everything separately so it didn't go all soggy. So I made a salad instead!
  • 3 cups baby spinach
  • Artichoke Hears
  • Avocado
  • Quinoa
  • Bell Peppers
  • Feta cheese

Topped with EVOO and Balsamic and toss.


After my salad I had some of the last of my berries. Time to go get more groceries!

Did you get your free Starbucks coffee today?

1 comment:

  1. That melange looks great, minus the greek yogurt. What kind do you use? I tried Greek Gods and feel kind of scarred...and scared to try any other kind.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails