Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Thursday, April 8, 2010

2 halves

I feel semi strange posting the second half of my day from yesterday and this morning together. But that is what I have got for you. Together they aren't too long, kind of seem to be just the right length, however on their own they seem too short. And really, I don't want to make two posts today one right after the other.

I will recap starting with breakfast today and going back to yesterdays snack and dinner.

This mornings breakfast was really good. This I believe is mainly due to the over ripe nectarine I threw in. Green Monster!

2heaping cups in baby spinach, 1cup almond milk, 1/2 royal gala apple, 1whole nectarine, 5 strawberries, 1/2 banana & 2 tsp ground flax.

Just looking at the picture makes me want to have another. For more ideas as to making your own Green Monster, check out Angela's recipes here and for even more recipes check out the Green Monster's readers recipes here.

After my morning breakfast, I was zooming off to the gym for spin class. Now you may remember me talking about my struggles with the new/old instructor Joe (if not check out Tuesday's post). Joe has been teaching Thursday classes since I have started my early morning work outs, however just recently took over Tuesday morning spin from Allison. I didn't burn nearly as many calories in Tuesday's class, and generally never burnt all that many in Thursday's classes (compared to Allison's). Today I was determined to work hard and feel the burn!

Throughout the class I kept looking at my HRM, and not seeing the calories being burnt as quickly as I would have liked. I pushed myself hard, harder than I would have had I not set a goal for myself. I reached my goal of 400 calories burnt in spin class and was happy.

After spin class, I grabbed my Ipod and headed out to the gym floor. I did some leg work and worked my abs through some crunches and lots of planks! I am happy to report that I am starting to see some (though minor) definition in my abs that I am looking to achieve.

My stomach was telling me very loudly in the car ride to work that it needed food. I was determined however to hold out until 9am before eating my morning snack. This was simply because I didn't want to eat it at 8:30 and then be hungry before lunch hour at work. I didn't pack as many snacks with me today to work, as (HAPPY DANCE) I get to eat dinner at home tonight, no additional work after work! Luckily my coworker came into my office and we chatted for a good 15 minutes, which really helped the time pass.

9:10am came and I made a bee line for the work mini fridge. Grabbed my mini breakfast cookie for snack. To make this I made a whole breakfast cookie and just split it into two small Tupperware containers, hence the mini.
1/3cup of oats, 2 tbsp nut butter (I used almond), 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds 1tbsp sunflower seeds, 1/2 tbsp chia seeds & sesame seeds, 1/8 cup raisins, 2 tbsp goji berries & 1/2 banana.

My coworker came back into my office and chatted with me about an orientation session we plan on holding for next years university internship students, so I didn't just plough through this snack I was able to savour it and feel full after having it.

Yesterday, well I left off with my lunch and a cheese string snack. I left the rest of my snack to be eaten at my second job so that I wouldn't be tempted by all the chcocolately treats.
6 baby carrots, 3 stalks of celery and 1/3 red peppers with garlic hummus.

Last night, for dinner I had the last of my Chickpea, Tomato, Edamame and Couscous meal I had made several days ago.Not the prettiest picture, simply because it was the last of the batch and all the liquidy goodness was at the bottom. Still tasted just fine!


Because I had entered all my meals that I had planned for Wednesday on my food diary, I ended up seeing that I didn't have enough calories to get me through the day. This is another addition I had made to my packed lunch/dinner. I then got thinking. One of my very best friends is down in Florida on a family vaca right now. I have asked her already to bring me back some Chobani yogurt, but I have recently seen lots of Kashi cereals and other goodies on blogs I follow. Lots of these are not sold here in Canada. So I compiled some Kashi items I am going to add to my American Grocery Shopping List.


At work I was weak and had 6 chocolate Easter mini eggs. That's ok though I stayed within my calorie allowance.

WEDNESDAY'S Goals:

  1. Swim for 30 mins after muscle moves. - No, swam only for 20 minutes then was exhausted.
  2. Stay at or below calories for the day. - Yes
  3. Be present, enjoy the moment & slow down. - Yes, did better than Tuesday
  4. Go to be between 10 & 10:30pm. - Yes


Total
water drank, 12, 8oz glasses.


Total
calories burnt, 498.


Total
calories eaten, 1,504.


THURSDAY'S
Goals

  1. Burn 400 calories in spin class.
  2. Weight train and ab work after spin class.
  3. No late night snacking.
  4. Stay below calories.

1 comment:

  1. haha....I should have read this before I made my green monster this morning!

    thanks for the friend request on myfitnesspal. Good luck on your journey! We can do this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails