Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday's Wishes

We all have wishes, hopes and dreams. I have a couple right now.

  • I want the lay off drama to end at work - I'm over it but it's just irritating now.
  • I want to go into work (both my full time and part time job) and quit on the spot.
  • I want to be working for myself.
  • I want to be working out more and enjoying what I love to do.

*sigh* One day. . . . One day. . . . And I am working on putting these dreams (well I can't control #1) into motion.


Yesterday the second half of my day was spend eating on the go. At 3:30 while driving to work to a convention centre two towns over, I munched on some veggies. Red and yellow pepper, baby carrots and celery.


I was a vendor at a local Chamber of Commerce Showcase event for my full time job with Big Brothers Big Sisters. I didn't know how it was going to and what the food situation would be like. Which is why I mowed down on the veggies in the car.


Sadly also I had to buy my dinner at the grocery store in a rush, because we had nothing I could throw together quick enough.


So with only having 1 glass of water and 1 salmon roll, 3 .5 hours later at 7:30, I was back in my car to munch on some dinner while driving home. Nothing very imaginative after my sushi dinner Monday night. Some Californian rolls. They were not very fresh but whatever, they were easy to eat while driving.


As tired as I was and just wanted to go home, we, I desperately needed to get some fresh produce (groceries).


An hour later, I got home and unpacked everything. I also had a bowl of grape nuts. I don't know why I ate those. I know how I feel if I eat cereal late at night. NOT GOOD is how it makes me feel.


I had also bought some new ingredients to make my own healthier less ingredients needed red wine raspberry vinaigrette. Version 1.0 No exact measurements, but 2 parts EVOO, 1 part red wine vinegar, splash of agave nectar and 1/2 pint of raspberries. Throw the raspberries in a food processor first before adding them to the dressing.


This morning I was wanting to go to muscle moves and go hit the pool again. Sadly when I woke up I was defeated. I was going to Hot Yoga tonight and hadn't packed those gym clothes. I went back to bed.

When I did get up, I made myself a green monster.

  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1 tbsp cashew butter
  • 4 large strawberries
  • 1 small yellow mango - can't remember the name right now.
  • 1 tsp ground flax
  • 1 cup almond milk

I was bad too and had a small bowl of sugar crisps. I needed the sugar. My body was clearly craving it (TOM), because mentally I didn't want it. I didn't want to the crash from the sugar that was going to come later. I didn't want the bloated feeling I knew was coming. I know it serves no nutritional value. WHY AM I EATING THIS? To make up for the cereal, I opted to not have a mid morning snack. Turns out I didn't need it either I didn't get hungry.


When lunch time rolled around at noon, however I clearly was hungry. I made a bee line for the fridge and dug out my lunch.


This salad I was excited to try. I had seen a picture somewhere similar and made it my own.

  • 1 cup of English cucumber
  • 2/3 med size tomato
  • 1 yellow pepper
  • several thin slices of red onion
  • Light feta cheese

Topped with my own balsamic Very low calorie lunch. So delish! I can't wait to have it again and being that I have another whole cucumber at home, that time might come sooner than later.


What wishes do you have for your life? Are you taking the steps needed to realize those wishes? Have you already made your wish, and had it come true?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails