Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Veggie head

Wow! I took this picture around 7:30 this morning. Look at what a beautiful day it is turning out to be at such an early hour. Spring has sprung!

Today is another day of rest of me. I woke up at 5am, not to my alarm going off, rather Kevin's alarm going off, as he had to be at work for 7am. It felt nice to see that it was 5am and know that I could roll over and go back to sleep for almost another 2 hours. I woke up before my alarm by 10 minutes, but stayed in bed just looking out the window and being relaxed. Wow I can't believe how badly I need this break. The best part is, when I wake up I don't feel bad for missing (spin today) class. I have other forms of exercise planned for this week that don't involve my regular routine.

For breakfast I made a Berry Cherry Green Monster.
1 tbsp dried cherries 2 tsp dried blueberries, 1/8 cup fresh blueberries, 1/4 cup raspberries, 5 strawberries, 1 beet, 2 cups baby spinach and 1 cup almond milk.

*Note to self, dried blueberries are too little to get blended up, and then only cause an annoyance when drinking your GM through a straw blocking the flow*.


Off to work I went, with no am workout.


Overall the office is pretty quiet today. Boss is away at another branch, and the other caseworkers are in and out. Kind of makes me sleepy it being so quiet like this.


For snack I bypassed my fruit I packed for the yogurt.

Peach Mango


Surprise surprise! More cauliflower rice, just like I predicted. lol Sorry that it kind of looks kind of not so tasty, I promise you it is. Avocado & Cauliflower. Swirly whirly beet. Sliced carrot & zucchini. With Tofu fried in Peanut Satay sauce. All rolled together.


Now I made this wrap last night, and yes the veggies did turn the wrap slightly soggy, but nothing that having made it fresh and letting it sit fr 30 mins wouldn't have caused.


For lunch I was really missing some granola of some sort from my morning snack. I look at my morning snack as a second mini breakfast. And Kevin has said 'we are breakfast people'. So thankfully I work beside a grocery store. I went over knowing I wouldn't find real true granola, so I headed for the cereal aisle & the yogurt section. This is what I grabbed. I layered this in a cup with my fruit.

Mango & Strawberry.

Question: Do you feel guilty when you are missing your regular workouts. Do you regularly make time for yourself to rest and recover (i.e. work out free days) or do you keep going until you injur yourself.

~ M ~

1 comment:

  1. I have one rest day per week (unless I've burned an insane amount of calories and just want to sleep in, then maybe 2, lol) and that's Friday since it's date night. This Friday my bf has to work so I'll work out that day and then rest Saturday since I have morning errands to run and won't make it back to my gym before they close probably. I'll still probably take a walk since I've gotten into a habit of walking our dog Saturday afternoons. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails