Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Friday, April 16, 2010

That is going to STINK!

I packed an orange from home for my mid day snack Thursday. I peeled it and took a bit. UGH! Dried and crunchy. I hate it when an orange is no good, and you can't tell until you've peeled it and it's too late.
This is another reason I love being located just above a grocery store when I'm at my day job. I just grabbed a loonie (1$) and scooted over to Price Choppers. I just picked up a replacement orange. It however was only mildly better than the one I had packed. This one seemed particularly attached to it's rind, and just didn't want to let go. It was juicer than the one I packed from home, however defiantly not satisfying.
After a mildly hard day at work, I went home to have dinner by himself. Kevin was out having drinks and BBQ at his Sargent's house with the rest of his co-workers. So I thought I would take this as an opportunity to try Tempeh for the first time. This was another item I picked up on my weekend trip to Whole Foods.

What is Tempeh?
  • Tempeh is the most nutritious of soyfoods; it is the perfect soy protein.
  • The main ingredient in tempeh is soybeans.
  • Tempeh owes much of its flavour, texture and nutritional properties to the process of fermentation, the same process that gives us cheese, yogurt, bread and wine.
  • Tempeh is a highest quality source of plant protein, and an excellent replacement or substitute for animal protein.
  • The only limitation in using tempeh is one's imagination! [Source]

So I threw together a stir fry. I divided this stir fry into two servings. I put together:

  1. Cauliflower
  2. Broccoli
  3. Zucchini
  4. Baby Carrots
  5. Orange bell Pepper
  6. 1 serving of Henry's Tempeh
  7. 1/4 cup cooked Quinoa
  8. 2 tbsp PC Szechwan Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce

So when I had finished eating my portion and went to put the other half away, I saw this! ! ! !Spilled Milk!! Well it was actually squished milk. See how the glass-wear has the milk bag under it. Umm yeah, my bad.


WARNING!
I do not clean my fridge regularly. You may see some pictures which may be disturbing to some views. Fridges are not pretty. Consider yourself warned.


I started by pulling everything out off the shelves, and laid them out on a towel (to prevent the milk from getting on the floors). Barren fridge. I planned to do the shelves and walls first. Specialty drawers after.How does this happen? Seriously? There was 5 milk bag clips in the back of the fridge. I also later found another in the veggie drawer.So I scrubbed down the fridge with some soapy water and then used some sanitizing wipes, before using a dry, clean tea towel to dry everything up. To prevent streaking.


Then I moved on to the specialty drawers. Remember, I warned you about disturbing images.


This is my fruit drawer, beforeThis was my fruit drawer after.EVERYTHING, was cleaned. Oddly enough my milk bag is kept the bottom right side of the fridge. Right over the fruit drawer. Veggie drawer is on the left. The veggie drawer was hit the worst by the milk spillage.


So I had to rewash my fruit and veggies. I was running short on time. My plan was to walk to and from hot yoga tonight, however it was 6:30, I was still in my day clothes, and didn't have my yoga stuff ready. Yoga was at 7pm. It just simply wasn't going to work out. So I put my veggies out to dry, grabbed my Yoga stuff and jumped in the car to make it for 6:55pm.

How often do you clean out your fridge?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails