Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy Friday

Well, we did it! We made it to the end of another work week. Sadly I wish mine ended today when I leave work at 3:30. It does not. However this weekend is my last workathon of shifts I picked up just incase I got laid off. This is what my weekend looks like:

Saturday--> 9am-3pm at job number 1, 3pm-11pm at job number 2.
Sunday --> 3pm-11pm at job number 2, then back to work Monday morning at 8:30am.

I wouldn't mind so so much if this wasn't Kevin's weekend off from work and next weekend when I'm off he is working. *grumbles*

So let me finish recapping yesterday before I start on this morning.

For my mid afternoon snack I had a sliced up gala apple with a 1/2 cup of non fat cottage cheese.
I got home not too long after my snack as I didn't snack until almost 3:15. When I got home I was starving. I however took my time in the kitchen cooking everything in plenty of time to have dinner ready for just after 5 (note the time on the kitchen clock).
I couldn't decide which picture and lighting I liked better, so I was vain and posted both today.

Salmon salad (yes I said I did some cooking for dinner tonight)

Cooked Salmon Salad
  • 2cups romaine lettuce
  • 3-4oz of skinless salmon
  • 1/2cup broccoli
  • 5 stalks of asparagus
  • 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
  • pinch of sesame seeds
  • pinch of drilled dill
  • 1/2tbsp soy ginger salad dressing
  • Red pasta sauce

Directions

  1. Take your salmon and place it on some tinfoil, would be skin side up. Broil on 500-550 for 3-4 minutes.
  2. Flip your salmon and sprinkle with your pinch of dill and sesame seeds.
  3. Broil for another 3-4 minutes.
  4. When finished let it sit and cool.
  5. Get your steamer ready and take your asparagus and steam for 3minutes
  6. Replace the asparagus with the broccoli in the steamer for 2 minutes.
  7. Chop up your asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces.
  8. Let your veggies cool.
  9. Cook your rinsed quinoa as per the directions on the box. I used 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 cup quinoa (to serve Kevin & myself).
  10. When finished cooking add in 1-2 wooden spoonfuls of red pasta sauce. Stir.
  11. Add all ingredients to your chopped romaine lettuce.

After dinner I went to another class of Hot Yoga. This was Janice's first class teaching Thursday nights. I know Janice from aerobics classes from my community centre gym. I don't know what to think of Janice's class as of yet. I might like it, though I can't tell. All I know is that it's not like Jana's classes, and I need to try a few more before I can decide if I like Janice's class or not.


Kevin and I were going to watch some PVR from last week as we have both been so busy, but our memory was full and stopped recording Saturday before last. Grrr. We don't even have a lot on our PVR. The frustrating part of this is that we don't have Lost, this or last week's Grey's, this weeks Office, HIMYM, House, Cougar Town, Modern Family or this weeks 90210 (my guilty pleasure). Without PVR I would never watch any of these shows. God I love PVR.


Kevin had agreed to come to Cardio Bosu with me this morning and swimming after class. I was pretty excited. Only because this involves getting out of bed at 5am, and Kevin is not an early morning person, AT ALL! lol


For breakfast I started off with something filling. I've recently been going overboard with add ins in my oatmeal, which are extra calories I don't end up burning off. So I've scaled back this morning. 2/3 banana, 2tbsp raisins, 1tbsp chia seeds, 1tbsp pumpkin seeds to 1/3 cup oatmeal. Just as good with all the extras I had been using in the previous weeks.


Cardio Bosu was a biatch this morning. It has been 2 classes that I've missed (Friday mornings). But to boot this was a new circuit routine. I've never had my hair stick to my forehead before because I was so sweaty my hair got that wet. Wow!


Kevin, well I'm not sure how he felt about class if he liked it or not. I will ask him later today when we meet up after work, when he's more rested and rejuvenated. Even at 8am when we left the gym he was groggy and indifferent when I asked him how he liked class.


I did say we went swimming. My right shoulder is sore today. Not rotator cuff shoulder, rather outer muscle shoulder, just above my bicep, sore. So I only swam for 10 minutes. Also Kevin doesn't have goggles so he wasn't swimming as best as he could. We'll have to get him some.

Here at work now, and eating my mid morning snack. Funny how early my mid morning snacks come when I eat breakfast at 5:15am.

  • 175g of a mix of plain and vanilla liberte Greek yogurt
  • 7 raspberries
  • 3 large strawberries
  • 1/3 cup All Bran Buds
    All together
    Just to show off my spoon and it's eyes. Amy from Amy's Quest to Skinny was also enjoying some vanilla flavoured Greek yogurt and strawberries yesterday.

Do you have any big plans this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails