Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Friday, April 30, 2010

An afternoon quickie

Just a short post here with my lunch. I'm holding out as late as possible this afternoon for my mid day snack. I am meeting The Michelle's for dinner(that would be MB and MJ). We are going to Lone Star.

Lunch I had my salad from Wednesday.
3/4 of a med to large size tomato, 1 short med sized orange pepper, 1 cup of English cucumber, several thin slices of red onion and 30g of light feta cheese. Topped with a pinch of thyme and 2 pinches of oregano.
I did add my own homemade balsamic dressing. It's a very basic balsamic. As basic as it can get.

1 tbsp EVOO
1/2tbsp Balsamic Vinegar.
Shake together and pour over your meal.

Question: Do you ever get anxious when going out for dinner with friends who might not be watching what they eat? What kind of changes, substitutions do you make to your meals at restaurants
?

Me, tonight I am. MJ is a MFP member, but she also eats beef, and I do not, thus keeping her options much bigger than mine. I have selected 3 items from their menu I am considering:
  1. Lone Star Chicken Salad - Fresh greens with grape tomatoes, roasted peppers, spiced glazed pecans, onions and Jack cheese, drizzled with a honey citrus jalapeño dressing and topped with Mesquite-grilled chicken. My changes would be hold the chicken, and sub the dressing for balsamic on the side.
  2. Vegetable Fajitas - Onions, peppers, broccoli, button & grilled Portobello mushrooms drizzled with chimichurri and served with Roasted Tomatillo salsa. My change would be to eat the veggies and rice mixed together and not eat any tortilla and limit my sour cream salsa.
  3. Bronzed Tilapia - Lightly blackened and topped with zesty marinated Pico tomatoes. Served with Mexican rice and seasonal vegetables. I wouldn't make any changes here, but really not a fan of tilapia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails