Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Thursday, April 29, 2010

100th Post

Wow how completely opposite of what I try and focus on here at MirandasJeans, LOL but still kind of funny.
I almost blew right past this anniversary without realizing it. I knew 100 was coming up soon, but I didn't think it would have hit it yet. But here we are. I have made many losses and a few gains since starting here. But I can't believe how I truly love to blog. I love that I have somewhere I can go back to and see what I've been doing, how I've been feeling and over all doing a lot of self reflection. I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I do.

I was pretty excited to try what I had made for lunch. I had bought myself some new Tofu. This is Soyganics Smoked Tofu. I used it in a wrap I prepped last night with 1/8 avocado, 1/2cup alfalfa sprouts, 1 crimini mushroom and some yellow pepper.I really enjoyed this tofu. I wouldn't buy it all the time as a go to tofu. It's a fair bit more pricey than regular non smoked tofu. Also I didn't enjoy when I was heating it up to brown the sides in the frying pan that it smelt like hot dogs. *bleck*

Like I said I did enjoy it. I enjoyed the smoky flavour it had without me having to marinade it. I enjoyed it's texture and firmness.

More than half way through eating my side to my wrap I realized I forgot to take a picture. So this is what was left of my 14 baby carrots and 3 chopped stalks of celery.
I hate when carrots have a tough woody centre. It completely ruins the carrot for me.
Check this sucker out after having chew the goodness from it. It doesn't even look like it wants to be eaten. Maybe that was it's plan all along. Hmmmm. lol

Two questions today: 1) How do you enjoy your tofu? Do you have a specific brand you always buy or do you try others? 2) How do you celebrate mini milestones?

p.s right now I am fightting the strong temptation to go to the office reception area to eat a Timbit (Tim Hortons version of a donut hole).


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails