Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Monday, March 1, 2010

Cold Showers

So as I mentioned in my last post (this is also a food pictureless post), that I am not really showering at home. Though I really wish I was showering at home (Kevin installed me one of those curved hotel curtain rods), I have been showering for the day at the gym.

Generally the showers are cooler than what I would prefer. At home I would shower at prob close to 90 degrees (just colder than the 100 degrees we keep our hot tub at). But at the gym you can't control what temperature you shower at. You just push the timed button in and what you see is what you get.

So I have sort of acclimatized myself to the warmish showers to start my day after working out (its just easier for me driving from Bowmanville to the gym in Courtice in the early am, to shower there and then drive to work in Oshawa).

HOWEVER . . . . . . .

Wednesday was a terrible day!

I was showering and the water started off almost warm to my standards. I was happy, this was going to be a good day. I get the conditioner in my hair (a must for all those with curly hair) and then the water starts to go cold. I jump out of the way of the cold water and stand there waiting. No big deal sometimes this happens or it will just start off cold and you have to wait for the water to warm up. . . . . . . . . . . .

Standing off to the side waiting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Standing off to the side waiting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Standing off to the side waiting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Standing off to the side waiting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Honestly with my hand in the stream of freezing cold water, it was starting to look blue on the palm of my hand. I am not even exaggerating.

I truly thought to myself that I was going to have to wrap my towel around my head (cuz remember I had conditioner in my hair) and get dressed head home and finish showering at home. The water was so cold that it hurt.

Standing off to the side waiting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Oh! Glimmer of hope it starts to warm, STARTS to warm. So really instead of being under a stream of ice cold water, it eventually warmed to just below a luke warm shower. I literally stood naked and wet off to the side of my shower for at least a good 5 minutes before it started to warm up. This was torturous!

I made do finished my shower then jumped back into the sauna to reheat my body to avoid the hypothermia from setting in.

How I miss my non temperature controlled shower at home.

This past weekend I showered at home 4times (fri-sun), it was such a beautiful thing.

This morning however it was back to showering at the gym, my showering oasis was over. But on the plus side the temperature was ok, not great, as it never will be, as to how I like the temperature of my showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails