Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Monday, March 8, 2010

Start of week 3 of my training

Well this is the start of week 3 of my triathlon training. I am still feeling down on myself of messing up the swimming schedule and not getting my second swim of the week in.
I have made it a goal for this week to go swimming 3 times, Wednesday am, Friday am and either Saturday morning or Sunday evening. I gotta admit I am very excited about challenging myself in this new venture. Swimming is a real struggle for me and I am excited to master it! Well maybe not master it, rather grab it by the shoulders and give it a good tousle to show it I mean business though I may not win the fight, just that I won't get knocked out in the first round.

Today has been a day of new combinations.

For breakfast:

1 1/4 cup of Kellogs Corn Flakes with 1/2 of a banana and 1 tsp of Bio Natural Honey and 1/2 cup of skim milk.

For mid morning snack I went back to another new discovery. Now at the time of putting the the second half of the banana in the yogurt, I had no idea that this picture was going to look so phallic. But, yeah well live and learn. LOL
1/2 cup of Astro no fat plain yogurt with 1/2 banana (from breakfast) and 1/3 cup of Kellogs All Bran Buds.

Lunch, well yeah sadly lunch is nothing new, just an ol' faithful,

15 mini mini bocconicci 16 grape tomatoes 10 leaves of fresh basil and 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.

I had just packed one snack, however at 2pm I had eaten it and by 3pm I was fading energy wise. Seriously I love love love working so close to a grocery store, and love the fact that there is no vending machines at work. It makes avoiding temptation so easy. I did have to fight off temptation by slapping it in the face while at the check out. So basically work can be a lose setting. So when I was starting to get hungry, I took this opportunity to go and get my few groceries I needed as well. LOL. So I picked up my groceries, and simply by walking around in the grocery store made me more alert (happens shopping in S. 'shawa). So at the checkout I was eyeing this KitKat sensations bar. It was relatively little and I thought hey what the heck if its one of those 100 calorie chocolate bars I will treat myself. Psh! It was something like 170 calories. 170 calories for a chocolate bar I had never tried before and wasn't sure if I would even like it. Anyway, I did buy myself a second snack.







3 stalks of celery and 1 tbsp of Kraft Peanut Butter (originally packed) and 1 Banana bought (I'm full of potassium today second banana).

What another beautiful day again today. Sadly I didn't even get to enjoy the fresh air that came with it because I am tucked away in a back corner of the office with no windows or fresh air.
When I got home at 4:30 it was off to the races. I needed to have dinner made, eaten, changed into gym clothes and fresh clothes for after the gym packed and out the door and enroute to the gym by 5:30.

This is what I made,
4 oz of salmon broiled with 1 cup of steamed broccoli and 1/4 cup of long grain and wild rice.

After dinner and I was off running to the gym, I had step class, and sat in the sauna for a few.

Total calories eaten 1,409 (without exercise I'm allowed 1,380), I burned a total of 563.

A decent day to say the least.

p.s please note that since last Monday I have lost 2.8 lbs, that is almost 3 lbs in 1 week! Whoot!

2 comments:

  1. can someone help me with the spacing issue I am having with this dang blog. As you can see I try to keep a space between paragraphs and writing and pictures, however for some reason it messes up. Going from having the spaces where I want them to no spaces to back to having spaces gone again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I'll see what I can do... though I don't use Blogger much. I find Wordpress to be pretty damn versatile.

    Hahaha... Banana penis.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails