Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Friday, March 12, 2010

One more day!

Some of you might remember me saying earlier in this week how it was such a whirlwind week, well after Thursday I only have one more day to go, and then I get a real 2 day weekend. This is also going to be Kevins last weekend of working straight day shifts, and come next Thursday he is back in the swing of shift work *boooo* Though the upside of Kevin going back onto shift work is that I won't feel guilty when I am not home, rather at the gym when he is at home not wanting to go to the gym (he'll be at work).

So today Thursday was an ok day. I did not have to leave one job to rush off to another. Yeah!
I managed to get a 40 min spin class and a 15 min run on the treadmill in, before heading to work for the day.

However work was a different kind of work day. Thursday I had a networking breakfast to attend with the local Chamber of Commerce. Knowing that I would likely be having 2 breakfast's for the day (I just simply can't go to the gym without having eaten something before hand, I would prob faint), I tried my best to plan my meals around it. This is what I came up with;

Breakfast:

1/3 cup of oatmeal w 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg with 1/2 banana and 6 oz of O.J

Whilst at the networking breakfast they served exactly what I was anticipating. However unlike other breakfasts they had a bowl full of fruit instead of a plater which is almost always empty and picked over by the time I get to it.

About 1/2 cup of scrambled eggs (whole eggs I know darn well there is no way a local catering service was doing egg white scrambled eggs), about 3/4 cup of fresh fruit and 1 slice of whole wheat toast w/ 1 tsp of butter and 1 tbsp of peanut butter.

For lunch I had made something light knowing full well I would be having scrambled eggs (I was hoping too for a croissant, but alas it is for the better they didn't have any I suppose).

1 cup of baby spinach 1 cup of spring mix, 5 grape tomatoes, 1/2 cut of cucumber1 celery stalk with a pinch of each oregano and basil. Topped with my 1tbsp of olive oil and balsamic.

After lunch which I literally wolfed down, I had to go and meet with a vice principal at one of our local schools where we have a 4th year university student studying criminology placement student. Meeting went well, however the salad was so light and I ate it so fast that mentally I can tell you it felt like I hadn't had it at all. On my way back to the office, I stopped at the local No Frills. I needed to go there anyway to pick up some veggies for dinner tonight. I picked myself up an additional snack (knowing too that I would be burning more calories later at Hot Yoga).
Snack:










Left: 1 cup of red grapes and 3 strawberries. Right: this is what I picked up from No Frils. A Cranberry Cocktail trail mix. What an excellent healthy snack right. I grabbed what I estimated by eye to be the 1/3 cup recommended serving size and ate that.

Well. . . . . Let me tell you I hate more than only the recommended serving size. I had about 3 handfuls of this. OMG! I think this is because there was so much raisins and cranberries and I really just wanted more of the nuts to snack on. Well this is a bad idea, and let me tell you why. Because raisins and dried cranberries are just that dehydrated. When you are drinking as much water as I do through the day, guess what happens to all that dried fruit?! It rehydrates, IN YOUR BELLY!!! Ugh, plus it was almost like 500 calories (not counting my grapes and strawberries). I told myself this was ok, it could have been worse, there was no sodium in this snack, it could have been a chips or chocolate bar binge. *shake it off you are still going to hot yoga after dinner*
For dinner, because I was still feeling so bloated, I did not cook all I had originally planned. The original plan was 4 oz of chicken 1/2 of a red and orange pepper and 1 small sweet potato all cooked on the BBQ.
This is what I ended up cooking:
3 oz of chicken grilled and seasoned with some pesto (yumo!), 1/2 of a red orange and yellow pepper.

I did not eat all of this. I ate all of my chicken and all of my orange pepper. I only ate 1/2 of my 1/2 (so 1/4) of the red pepper and none of the yellow pepper. Still way too bloated from the trail mix.

After dinner I took off to Hot Yoga. This was nice. Relaxing, I almost fell asleep at the end when we did the Savasana (meditation) lol.
So looking forward to the end of the day Friday!

Total calories eaten 1,796 (total allowed with all the workouts 2,535 - umm yeah so many!)

Total calories burned through 40 mins spin, 15 min run (with 2 min warm up and cool down - at speed varying from 4.5-5) and 75 mins of hot yoga, 1155.
*wish it was going to be nice like it has been all week over the weekend while I'm not working*





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails