Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Everybody's working ON the weekend.

Well I had to work at one of my part time jobs today. Not too bad though 9-3pm for working on the weekend. The only downfall is of course that Kevin is back onto shift work and right now he is working evening shifts. Working 5:30pm-3:30am. Well I did get to see him for 1 hour before he had to leave for work.
I was quite surprised when I did get home and asked Kevin what he had been up to while I was at work. He had done 2 loads of laundry, emptied and run the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen, swept the hardwood floors and vacuumed the basement, the bsmt stairs and the area rug in the main floor living room. I laughed asking him what he had left for me to do. He laughed back saying I did your inside work, now you get to do my outside work, raking the leaves. I laughed telling him it wouldn't be happening.
What I did have planned was nothing short of exciting for a Saturday night. Cleaning out the pantry and food cupboard. Like in previous posts, I'm a boring married adult now LOL. j/k.
Anyway here are two shots one of either side of the pantry before. Clearly disorganized and cluttered.












Here is an after shot of the pantry. Lots thrown out and lots taken out to be stored elsewhere.













Here is a before picture on the left of the cupboard, and on the right, an after shot.





















Here is a picture of all that got thrown out, or was an item that was condensed and packaged with other like items, or stored in some new mason jars I had in the basement.

Here is a picture of all the items that were in the pantry or cupboard and are now being stored elsewhere, in the basement pantry.

Here is the basement pantry before all the new additions. With all the fabric softener and laundry detergent being stored in there it always smelled so nice when you opened it up. Thank you ~ A ~ for the years supply of laundry detergent and fabric softener.





















Here is an after shot of the pantry in the basement with all the items that were previously upstairs cluttering up the kitchen pantry.
Beside that is the rickety old metal shelving unit that is now home to the laundry supplies. They haven't moved too far, the are right beside the basement pantry.






















For breakfast I started my day with a new creation. While at the Lawblaws Superstore yesterday I picked up some Kale among other things, such as Almond Milk and various fruits all to be used for breakfast.

2 cups of steamed Kale, 1/4 cup of blueberries and raspberry, 4 strawberry, 1 whole banana, 10g of vanilla protine powder, 1tsp of ground flax and 1 cup of Almond Milk.

Here it all is put into the blender

Here it is all blended up. Not as smooth as it is with spinach but I liked the change in texture.


While at work I had some granola and almond butter for snack.

For lunch I had made myself a wrap.

1 whole grain wrap, 1 wedge of light laughing cow cheese, 1/2 cup of cucumber, 1/3 yellow pepper and 3 leaves of romaine lettuce with 50 g of shaved chicken breast.



Along with a grapefruit










For an afternoon snack, I had 14 baby carrots and 8 cherry tomatoes.


For dinner I made myself a 20 mins (to set) dinner cookie.

1/2 banana, 1/3 cup of oats, 1 tbsp of raisins, 1/2 tsp of ground flax 1/2 tsp of ground wheat germ, cinnamon and nutmeg.


Total calories eaten today, 1,198.


So far I've only had 6 8oz glasses of water. and its already midnight, so not too likely to drink all that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails