Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

This week starts on Tuesday, didn't you get that notice?

So Monday was a write off as you read from my earlier post so today you will be treated with pictures from Tuesday. I have also started to follow some new blogs myself. You can check them out in my profile. They for the most part all follow the same idea. Healthy eating, being active and snapping pictures of your yummy meals. Though at the same time it has shown me how boring my blog is. I really need to vamp it up to make it more exciting. I have make minor changes. That is in the colours of things. They are brighter and more representative of me. But maybe a better background that isn't this muddy beige colour. Maybe some of my followers can give me some tips. ;-)

This also my week 2 of training for my Try-A-Tri. And I am feeling more confident in my training and gaining endurance. Swimming is my biggest challenge. I am nowhere near where the training schedule says I should be. But I know this is ok as swimming wasn't part of my regular workout routine before.

This isn't me just a photo I found on the net

I realized after my last swim on Sunday after only being able to complete 3/4 of one full lap that I might be pushing myself too hard right off the bat, and just never able to fully recover to resume swimming good strong laps. I resolved that when I swam again next that I would really try to pace myself going slower. I have also been looking for tips to make the most of my training. I felt that I was doing too much and I could feel that my body wasn't feeling its strongest. I couldn't however cut back a days worth of workout as I simply didn't have the time to make up for it anywhere else at the time. Anyways through some advice through people on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ I decided that I needed to cut back on my time that I spent sitting in the sauna and add some more strength training (weights) to go along with all my cardio training to build more muscle (also will help with weight loss - note you can't lose weight by doing only cardio).


So Tuesday was a better day than Monday was. I stuck to my food and made the amendments to my workout, and this is what Tuesday looked like for me.

First off it should be noted that Tuesdays are a LONG day for me.

5am alarm goes off time to get up.

5:05-5:20 make and eat breakfast (early enough so that I am semi digested by the time I get to the gym and am not gonna barff it all out)

Quaker Heart Smart Oatmeal with Cinnamon, nutmeg a splash of skim milk
and 1 tbsp of crasins with .5 cup of minute maid o.j
5:20-5:40 - Run around the house like a crazy person getting dressed into my gym clothes, gathering all my bags (gym bag w days clothes in it) , purse, bag (w camera, cell HRM etc), lunch bag, and second job bag (w magazines and clipboard), getting my coffee ready and out the door to the gym.
6:10-6:50am Spin class.
6:50-7:15/7:20 Weight circuit of leg work (leg curl, leg extension, hip abductor inner and outer)
7:25-8:00 morning shower and make up routine at the gym
8:20am at work
10am SNACK TIME!!!

1/2 cup of Astro no fat yogurt, 1/3 cup of Kellogs All Bran Budds
1/3 blueberries
I had a meeting at 12:30 in the North End of Oshawa.

I packed 7 English walnut halves to eat in the car if I really needed to. I had 3.5 throughout the whole day.


1:30 back at the office and eating lunch.


1 cup of baby spinach, 1 cup of romaine lettuce, 12 cherry tomatoes cut into halves 1/4 avocado, 1/8cup of slivered almonds, 3.1 oz of broiled salmon topped with 1.5 tbsp of homemade balsamic vinaigrette (.5 tbsp balsamic 1tbsp Olive oil)

3:00 leave Mon-Fri day job to go to my part time evening job 4-8.

4:00 evening snack

Naval Orange

5-7:00pm I was in a meeting
7:00pm DINNER TIME!

1.5cup of My homemade chili. Ground turkey, kidney beans, zucchini, carrots, red, yellow and green peppers, red onions, fresh diced tomatoes, pasta sauce and Old ElPaso chili seasoning mix.

8:00pm go home for the day

8:30-9:30 unpack lunch bag, and gym bag. Make Wednesday's lunch dinner and snacks x2. Repack gym bag with clothes for work for Wednesday. Think about blogging, but Kevin gets home.

9:30-10:15 watch how I met your mother and some Good Eats with Alton Brown.

10:30 Bed!

Total Caloric intake 1695, total calories burned 675.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails