Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Friday, March 26, 2010

Expoloring new bloggin

Well this is though my second entry today, but really my first one posting how I normally would at my other blog.
Today I am really struggling. Yesterday I worked out fairly hard compared to my workout routine the week before. Tonight I have a training session with someone I have never met before for swimming. This is a one time thing for right now, just to see if she can give me any advice on my technique when it comes to swimming. I am nervous, scared and don’t want to go. LOL. I will of course go, but I am having an internal fight with myself (as I am sore in the legs but and chest from the workout yesterday). Oh well! Work through the burn right?!
As for my meals today, well this is the last installment of a green monster with beets for a little while. I used my last beet in todays breakfast.
Strawberry Banana Green Monster
This green monster had 3 cups of organic baby spinach, 1 tsp ground flax, 5 big strawberries, 1 banana, 1 beet and 1 cup of Earths Own almond milk.

When I got to work I was sad to realize that I had forgotten to bring my breakfast cookie which I was intending on bringing for a mid morning snack. That was alright, because that snack was planned when I was going to spin class this morning. However when my alarm went off my legs were crazy sore, so I opted to stay in bed and get more sleep. I did not however get more sleep as I tossed and turned trying to sleep as I was worried I would sleep in and be late for work.

Anyway for mid morning snack;
Lunch I was excited for. I had never tried anything like it before, and had my fingers crossed that it would be tasty.

I had two of these. Dempsters Ancient Grain wraps, (total) 3 florets of cauliflower finely chopped up, 3 mushroom chopped up. 1/2 cup of English Cucumber, 4 leaves of spinach, 1 whole Kumata tomato, and 5 romaine lettuce leaves with 1 tbsp (between the two wraps) of roasted garlic hummus. It turned out so good! SOOOOO GOOD!

I was supposed to have a side with my lunch however I was not hungry for it at the time. So I was saving it for later while I got back to work, which included cleaning off my desk, sanitizing it with a Clorox bleach cloth and putting the piles of paper away where they should have been put in the first place.
Mid day snack, well last night on my way home from work, I stopped at the Lawblaws Supercentre and there they had. . . . Gooseberries. Couldn’t pass those up.
4 Med sized strawberries, 6 gooseberries and 1/2 cup of red grapes

I also had a meeting out in the community. So once that was done I headed to the feel good natural health store. I still had been searching for some Agave Nectar and some Brown Rice Syrup, so I thought might as well stop in and see what they have if anything. Well luck be a lady today! They had both. I also picked up a granola bar to tie me over as my stomach was growling.
It was tasty, but too sticky for my personal liking.

Well sadly today I have only had 2, 8oz glasses of water so far. I really need to get to drinking more water before this day is out.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I made my first green monster and I'm having it for lunch today. It is NOT tasty! lol! I think I put in too much protein powder and maybe didn't make a good choice on what kind to get. Maybe I'm just too picky! Good luck with your swimming training. I can't swim, haha! You're an inspiration! :) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails