Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I miss my workout classes

So I went to the gym this morning, knowing that there would be no aerobics class. It was kind of nice to leave the house knowing I wasn't having to rush to get to the gym to ensure I get a 'good' bike. This also allowed me some extra time, like to unload the dishwasher, meh, I live a boring life lol.
So once I was at the gym, I was pumped and ready to feel the burn and see it on my HRM. I thought about what I would do, and being that tomorrow morning I am going to go swimming, I thought that today would be a good day to work my arms, as tomorrow I will work my legs after swimming. So after about 30-40 mins of weights and abs, I was sad to see that I had only burned about 150 cals. Normally in 40 mins I would have burned 230-250 in ny weight class. I miss those classes. While I was doing my ab work (crunches today), I felt a severe lack of motivation, and found myself realizing how easily I could grow board at the gym without the aerobic classes.
I pushed on though and went into the aerobics room and jumped on the spin bikes. I spun hard for 10 mins varying from sprints at med low tension to high tension aggressive. I was tired and could feel my legs getting tired. So I went back out onto the gym floor and jumped on the treadmill. Knowing I am going to have to move more like this for the Triathlon than the 5 min cool down I get while doing spin class.
On the treadmill I wanted to try something new. I was reading another blog I learned about H.I.T.S. I thought I would give this a shot. So I jogged for 3 mins, then started sprinting for 60 seconds (from 4.5-6) then back down to a jog for another 60 seconds then speed back up this time to 7.0. It wasn't as hard as I though to run that fast for 60 seconds. HAHA, the hard part is coming back down to the jog lol. My legs wobbled like nobodies business! I tried to hold out for longer and jog again maybe adding another 60 second sprint at 6.0 speed as I had no troubles coming down from there. Nope, negative, not happening. So what I ended up doing was slowing down to a 4.0. I walked at this speed until I was done 10 mins on the treadmill.
Workout Over!

I realize that I have taken several pictures before of my water bottle, however never posted a picture of it. Well here it is. I keep this baby right in front of me at all times when I'm at work. Its between myself and the computer screen as we speak, just like it is in the picture. This way I can make sure I remember to drink my water. You should aways stay hydrated and try to drink 8, 8oz glasses of water a day. I keep a straw in my water bottle just to make it that much easier, also this way I don't spill it all over myself HAHAHA!
You can see here that my water bottle measures up to 28oz, 795mls. Well total full it is 800mls. So 28oz is about 3.5 of your 8, 8oz glasses a day. So I know that if I drink 2 full bottles I already have 7 of my 8, 8oz glasses of water. Very handy and easier to keep track, at least for myself it is.
For breakfast I tried something new. Remember from my blog on Monday, how I mentioned I was sure that I had forgotten to mention something else that I had made. Well I 100% did forget to mention something. My breakfast cookie.











Here are all the ingredients I needed to make my breakfast cookie: a pinch of ground flax, a pinch of ground wheat germ, 1 tsp ground almonds, 1/3 cup of oats, 1 tbsp crasins, 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp almond butter, a big pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg. Mash up the banana before hand, it really helps make the mixing easier. Put all the ingredients in a bowl together and mix. Throw it on a plate and shape. Cover with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge (or freezer if you want a harder less chewy consistency). Take it out the morning you are going to eat it and voila! Breakfast cookie!
I had my breakfast cookie with the other half of the banana and 1 cup of O.J.
For snack I had a large grapefruit. It was so good, its been a while since I've had a grapefruit.
I've never really shown my salad dressing before it gets poured in my salad. Just a measured out amount of Olive Oil and Balsamic vinaigrette.

Here is my salad that it got poured onto.










1.5 cup of baby spinach and 1.5 cup of spring mix, 1/2 cup of cucumber, 5 strawberries, 1/8 cup of slivered almonds and 28g of soft goat cheese crumbled.

For snack I packed 14 baby carrots and 3 stalks of celery and 1 tbsp of SummerFresh Roasted Garlic Hummus (which may not get used here, I haven't decided yet - writing before afternoon snack)










I may use my Hummus here:
3 (broken in half for packing purposes) light wasa crackers
For dinner I am having upon Kevin's sound advice (it might not keep as long as other things I made last night):


2 eggs, 4 egg whites, 1 cup of skim milk, 1 cup of broccoli, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, & 5 mozzarella cheese strings chopped up




Divided into 2 and bake





Voila! Dinner
Crustless Cheese & Broccoli Quiche.

Up to this point, I've had 7 glasses of water.

I've burned 401 calories with my am workout

Counted 1,341 calories (all listed here, will blog later if I eat more), allowed 1,781, extra earned from the work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails