Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Monday, March 8, 2010

End of a beautiful weekend that I didn't get out to enjoy

OMG! Seriously it has been so beautiful here in Ontario for this past week in March. a high predicted for Sunday March 7th of 11 degrees! Sadly because of my work schedule I wasn't able to get out much and enjoy it. I would have loved to dust off my bicycle (its stored in the garage which is where my husbands workshop is - so it really needs a good dusting off lol) or thrown on my runners and gone for a run outside. But alas, it was not meant to be this weekend.
You can see how beautiful it was at 10am, here int he picture of my husband as he works outside in his T-shirt. Why is he working outside. Well remember in my blog from Saturday where I was cleaning the hot tub and it wasn't refilling properly because I hadn't closed a release valve. Well water got in under the hot tub and got some ozonator wet, so the hot tub kept shorting out. I of course could not figure this out on my own, so Kevin fixed it and has the ozonator out drying for the next 24-48 hours. I also decided it was worth taking a picture of the temperature reading my car was giving me when I arrived at my work for 3pm. 13 DEGREES!! Crazy nuts!
For breakfast Sunday I really wanted to do some nice brunch thing, but I really didn't have the time or energy. I had to make my dinner that I was going to take to work with me, as well I had to plan out and make what I was going to have for my am snack, lunch and pm snack for Monday, as I wasn't getting home until almost midnight.
So this is what I had for breakfast:
1 1/4 cup (that's the serving size on the box) of Kellogs Corn Flakes, 1 tsp of Irresistibles Bio Natural Honey and 1/2 cup of skim milk.
Because I slept in Sunday, and I mean really slept in this time no 7am wake up, I did not get downstairs until 9:30am. I didn't feel that 1 I was hungry enough for a mid morning snack and 2 that there was really enough time between meals to have a snack.
For lunch I really was lacking in the imagination dept. I often eat wraps instead of sandwiches to cut back on the carbs, but today I went all out and had a real sandwich with 2 slices of bread.

2 slices of whole wheat bread lightly toasted, 1 tbsp of cream cheese (covered both slices) 2 big slices of tomato and 2 fresh basil leaves.

For some reason I always seem to leave out of my blog the daily coffee I have. I do not have a picture of this today, but maybe one day this week I will snap one. So I had my 1 cup of coffee, with 1/4cup of skim milk and 1 tsp of granulated white sugar before jetting off to work.

Once at work I ate my afternoon snack,

7 grain and almond Kashi Chewy Granola Bar. Very tasty.

When it came time for dinner to be served, the clients (I was working in a group home) had over cooked chicken thighs with an Alfredo seasoned SideKick and a nice veggie tray i set out for them (peppers x3 colours and baby carrots). Being that I work at a group home and things there are never healthy for a diet, I brought my own dinner and did not partake in any of this dinner. This is instead what I brought from home and ate.

2 old ElPaso Tortillas, 1/4 cup Old ElPaso Refried Beans 3 oz of chicken breast, 3 leaves of romaine lettuce 1/2 red pepper 1/2 tomato and 4 baby carrots.

I am so happy to report that this was the end of my food for the day. No late night after dinner snacking. Which this was quite a feat as I was watching the Oscars at work and my co-worker def busted out some Cheetos, and some crispers. I was strong and said no, though my stomach did growl a little, I just kept drinking my water.

Total Calories taken in 1,289 (91 below my daily allowance). Sadly no additional calories burned outside of my regular daily activities.

Back on track with the workouts Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails