Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Friday, March 5, 2010

Boring Adult

Well, I have realized the turning point in my life has happened. I am no longer a cool 20's something. I am a boring married 28 year old adult. Why is this you ask? Well Wednesday I had a delivery scheduled between 11-3pm. I called my house (where my parents were sitting waiting for the delivery for me) 3 times throughout the day to see if the delivery had come in. 3 times throughout my day to see if the delivery had arrived! What was I getting delivered that I was so anxious about?
My brand new Maytag Bravos steam washer and dryer in liquid silver. On top of that when I did get home from work, and helped Kevin put them in place, I was so excited to do my first load of laundry. LOL! Excited to do laundry! It doesn't get more boring adult than that people! HAHA.
Thank you to my bestest friend Amanda for hooking me up with them too! :-D
And in case you are wondering, it was the best load of laundry I'd ever done. The clothes were just damp coming out, the dryer was set to run for only 39 minutes (it sets the time itself based on the weight of clothes in there - and even comes with a wrinkle free setting).
So as you remember it was a long day Tuesday for me. Well Wednesday's every week just like Tuesdays pretty much look the same.
5:02am wake up
5:05-5:20 Breakfast at

1 Cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal with 1/2 cup of skim milk


6am at the gym

6:10am Muscle Moves class. This is a weight training class. No we don't always do the same routine.

7:00am in the pool to work on my swimming for the triathlon (try-a-tri Orillia Aug 22, 2010). I was in the pool for 17 minutes with about a total of 15 minutes of swimming. On Sunday when I last swam I felt that I pushed myself so hard that I wasn't able to recover at all, and only managed to do 3/4 of a lap of the pool (Olympic sized {50meter laps}). So I had decided through the week that I needed to pace myself and slow down my strokes. Wednesday I was able to do one full lap front stroke! Yeah! Also I wasn't completely exhausted after doing it. I was winded but I was able to keep going. I did a total of 7 laps of the pool with short 10 second breaks here and there, and alternating strokes {mainly front stroke, 1.5 laps back stroke and 2 breast stroke}. I must say that I am so happy with myself not only for seeing progress in myself, but also for realizing the problem and fixing it all on my own so early on.

8:25am at work. Check the email. I have a few emails from some of my clients reporting their progress (I work for Big Brothers Big Sisters as a Case Coordinator for their In School Mentoring program, also going out marketing the program and looking for more adults to join and become 'Bigs".

9:30am time for my morning snack.

3/4 cup of Nordic No Fat Cottage Cheese, which I also discovered is only sold in Ontario. Whoot to No Fat Cottage Cheese in Ontario!

So as I was adding my foods into www.myfitnesspal.com i was slowly realizing that i was going to be drastically low on my calories for the day. I knew that 1 this is not healthy for weight loss and 2 I was going to be tired and grumpy in the evening at my second job.

So I went down to the grocery store below my work and grabbed 2 things. The first was an addition to my lunch.

Banana! A good healthy filling 180 extra calories.

Also yes I peel my bananas from the bottom. This is a new approach I have been taking. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBJV56WUDng&feature=fvw I saw this video and have never once looked back.

The rest of my lunch is here!

1 cup of Campbell's Gardennay Red Lentil soup.

For my afternoon snack this is what I had packed.

1 Royal Gala Apple cut up into easy to eat slices

But this was not going to be enough so my second item I had bought at the grocery store for my afternoon snack to boost my calories was this.

Kashi Chewy Granola Bars - Peanut Peanut Butter flavour.

Luckily for me I love these granola bars, but they do not have the same effect on my as the All Bran Bars - Honey Nut Flavour did. (ps its Friday am as I post this entry, and I still have 5 more in the package in my desk at work for emergencies such as Wednesday - nothing like the bran bars lol) .

3:00pm Leave full time job and go to part time evening job

3:30 arrive at part time job

3:35 see that my evening is going to be slow, one brief meeting at 4 for 20 mins and then another meeting from 7-8pm. I love these kinds of nights as I am not in a meeting over dinner hours, which is usually the case.

5:15 Dinner Time!

1 cup of spinach 1 cup of romaine 12 cherry tomatoes 1/2 cup of cucumber 1/4 of avocado with 3 oz of broiled salmon with my balsamic vinaigrette

I know I have been eating the same thing all week. But I have to use all the produce up before it goes bad and as you can see I don't have time to always come up with new crafty ways of using them all. The avocado is now gone so the salads will be on a break from rotation lol.

8:00 I left work to go home

8:30 I get home and help Kevin move the washer and dryer into place, while satiating my craving for something sweet, with . . . . .

2 (just one package) of chocolate chip pop tarts!

That was my boring adult Wednesday.

Total calories eaten 1,854 (over by 3 points) and total calories burned 471 -not a lot for me :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails