Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Who's hardcore?

Well after feeling frazzeled by not getting my swim in last night like I had planned, I was determined to get up early early to get a lot of exercise in this morning.

I set my alarms (set 2 clock alarm and cell phone), just to make sure I didn't sleep in after hitting the snooze button.

4:45am, first alarm. Snooze and back to sleep. 4:50am, snooze is over, but let's hit it one more time. This time I was awake but in a fog. 4:55am. alright lay in bed a few mins, and see if Kevin wants to get up with me to go for a run. Groggily he declines, but says he will get up with me tomorrow, he swears.

5am. Up and out of bed, on time like I had planned. I knew that I was going to be giving this morning my full attention to working out. So I knew that I wouldn't be able to fend off a hungry stomach for the next 2 hours. So I grabbed an orange.
I didn't' want to get too full, so I only had two slices, leaving the rest for later.

Let me tell you how excited I was to go out on this run this morning. You see last night I met with my kijiji seller, and did in fact buy myself a used Garmin GPS watch, for 95$. There is nothing wrong with it. The seller told me he just wanted to get some newer technology. I'm no techy, so this works just fine for me. Sure beasts spending 400$+ at the running room to get myself a brand new one.

I played with the watch for a couple of minutes last night in bed before falling asleep so that I wouldn't have to fiddle with it in the morning when I wanted to be out running.

Watch on, satellites found, and I was off for a run by 5:15/5:20ish. Not too shabby.

I had no route or direction planned out, rather as I came to a point where I thought, ok I'm gonna go this way, I did. I just ran wherever I wanted to. Up through catwalks, through subdivisions (got a little disorientated, but kept running), and back to main streets to head home.

I ran for 35 minutes (the extra time is my cool down walk time around my court). I was so proud of myself. I only stopped when the watched started beeping at me, and I was trying to figure out what it was telling me, (heart rate too high, and beeped after each lap).

3 miles. When I got home I had no idea how far this is. Living in Canada and not being a mathlete, I had no concept as to how far this was in Km's. I would figure it out later. But I felt strong after that run. It was so much fun!
I had two more slices of my orange, and grabbed a bottle of water, took off my Garmin and strapped myself into my Polar HRM, and walked down the the bsmt to hang out with my BFF Jillian.

After yesterday's attempt do do her two workout videos I have (30Day Shred and Blast Fat Boost Metabolism), I realzied that, for me I should start with the BFBM, then do my Shred. So that is what I did.

I did a full 45minutes of BFBM, and Oh Man! Let me tell you! That baby works you hard. I felt like I was at hot yoga I was sweating so much! I didn't hold back until the last 5 minutes either. I skipped the stretching portion of this video as I was going right into my Shred, and knew that I could stretch on my own after the stretching portion of Shred was over.

Welcome more sweat. This sure made it hard to do push-ups.

After those two workout videos, I was hungry. I went and finished off my orange, and had to jump in the shower, it was 7:20am, and I have to work this morning!

After I showered, did my hair, makeup and got dressed, I made breakfast to go.
  • 3 Cups Spinach
  • 1 Tbsp Ground Flax
  • 1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze (UVAB)
  • 4 Strawberries
  • 1 Whole Kiwi
  • 1/2 Banana
  • 1/2 Apple

Into the Blender Bottle, and out the door for a full day of work.Question: What is the earliest you have gotten up in the mornings to squeeze in a workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails