Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Monday, May 10, 2010

Looking for a Garmin

I have recently in the last year started to run. I started early last summer, however once the heat got cranked up, unless it was raining, running pretty much came to a halt, hmmmm maybe this is where my love of running in the rain comes from!

This past spring, I have reconnected with my love affair with running. I have been doing the same route and minor variations of this route since last year. Originally I ran to my parents and circled back to my place for a 4.3K run. Then I added an extra 1K to the run by taking an alternate route home. How do I know the distance? I reset the trip meter in my car.

I do not like this. 1. it is not environmentally friendly to go and drive your running route just to get an accurate distance read. 2. it really kills any spontaneity that I could be incorporating into my running.

So I have been drooling over Garmin GPS watches, via blogs, The Running Room, and Amazon. However the prices are all too rich for my blood. Plus Kevin would kill me for getting one priced at over 300$ after getting a Polar HRM several months back.

So this morning I had an idea. Kijiji! Well I was lucky this morning and found a posting for a 2 year old Garmin Forerunning 305 with a HRM. So I've emailed, and they have responded that they still have the item, and now we are just trying to arrange a time and place to meet. I am super excited!

So today it is ab-so-lute-ly frigid in my office. Everyone has their coats and and are keeping their arms crossed across their bodies to keep the heat in. I am lucky that Kevin bought me a 20$ space heater from WalMart before the cold set in over the winter. So my heater is cranked and like everyone else, my office door is closed today.

I went to the water cooler and got a plastic cup of hot water (I wasn't feeling coffee or tea today), to drink to help warm me up.
See the little steam condensation. This was the best I could manage.

My morning snack was some Nordica Non Fat Cottage Cheese. I really love cottage cheese, however two things. I like cottage cheese when it is dryer, I do not like the wet cottage cheese (pictured blow). Also, man cottage cheese does not picture well.
Life in the office is pretty boning today. Not much to report with every ones doors closed. Lunch came fairly quickly, which was good because I was pretty excited. This is my last installment of this lunch for a little while as my supplies have dwindled.
Miranda's Capreses Salad
Ingredients
  • 10-20 cherry or grape tomatoes
  • 10-15 Tre Stelle - Mini Mini Bocconcini
  • 5-10 Fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 TBSP balsamic Vinegar
  • 1/2TBSP EVOO
  • 1 pinch of sea salt (however I do not add the salt)

Directions

  • If you are making this to serve right away, combine the tomatoes, cheese and basil together and mix in a bowl.
  • Mix together your balsamic and EVOO
  • Pour your EVOO&Balsamic dressing over the salad.
  • If you are putting this together to serve later, do not pour your dressing other wise you will have a soggy salad.
  • Also as I am usually out of fresh basil, I do not add it until I am about to eat it, keeping it as crisp as possible (you can find packaged fresh basil at in your produce section).

I also had some veggies to take with me for lunch. I however opted to not transfer them from their fridge storage container to another glad lunch container. I seriously freaking love these things. They are genius. I have 3 pepper shaped ones, 1 tomato, and one onion. I store my avocados in the green pepper one I have after using a section of avocado. It really works to keep your produce fresher longer. Some red pepper, some orange pepper, and some baby carrots. I just got an email back, I am meeting the seller, Erika this evening between 6-6:30pm to scoped out the Garmin. So EXCITED plus we are meeting at Startbucks!


Question: What toys do you have that help you workout? Is there something out there you have been dreaming and saving for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails