Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Friday, May 7, 2010

Holla!

Yesterday after work I headed out to go find a bridal shower gift. Kevin's cousin is getting married at the end of next month and her bridal shower is Saturday. So being that I've been so busy I didn't think until yesterday that I needed to go shopping.

So I printed off the bridal registry (thank you Lisa for registering). It makes shopping so much easier.

As I walked into the store I walked past a clearance section. Something caught my eye. Something very similar to what I've seen before.
That's right Caitlin has a plate just like this one.
Here another!

After getting what I needed for the bridal shower, I was 'marven! It was 4:30 and I knew if I just started on dinner that I would be eating in 30 mins. I just couldn't make it that long.

I grabbed a banana and sliced it in half down the middle. I thought I would try out my sunflower seed butter I'd bought. It's not nearly as sweet and savory as cashew or almond butter, so I sprinkled on some unsweetened coconut.

Then it was time to start cooking. Stir fry. With quinoa.
Always make sure you rinse your quinoa before cooking. I use a cheese cloth. I reuse it 2-4 times for the same thing before I toss it out and get a new piece.
Simmer for 15-20 mins.

I had just over 2 servings left and thought I might as well cook it all and just store the rest in the fridge for an easy grab later.

Then on to the other ingredients. I had taken out a turkey breast to thaw the night before, but I was home alone and this is a mother of a turkey breast. So I left that in the fridge for another day and went with some tofu. Smoked tofu.
Onion, snap peas, zucchini, and orange pepper.
Sauteed until the veggies were softened to my liking. Then I tossed in 1/4 cup of my cooked quinoa, and drizzled some Peanut Satay sauce over.
All plated and ready for serving. It sure did hit the spot!

After dinner I went to Hot Yoga where Janice taught again tonight. My girlfriend MJ joined me and we both left feeling like we missed Jana (the owner). We may look into switching our Hot Yoga date nights.

1 comment:

  1. oh i love my leaf bowl! i need to bring it back. and the plate, too! :) thanks for the sweet email :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails