Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Big night for Montrealers

Well this time last year I was all over the hockey play offs. Rooting for both Pittsburgh and Detroit throughout the semi finals. At heart I am a true Detroit fan at heart though. I'm indifferent with regards to the home team Toronto Maple Leafs.

Dinner from left to right:

  • 1/3 of a large sweet potato topped with 1 tbsp cashew butter
  • 3 oz of turkey breast
  • 1 BBQ roasted orange pepper
  • 1/2 sliced BBQed zucchini

Sadly tonight I am conscious that I am falling victim to emotional eating. I knew that if I tried to fight it once I got home, that I would then end up binging on a bunch of foods that wouldn't be satiating my desire to snack.

So with much deliberation and trying to figure out what I would eat as an evening snack, I concluded that I did not want chips or nachos, nothing salty. Rather I wanted something sweet. I narrowed it down to something cakesque. Off to Lawblaws I went, and this is what I found. Some 'golden loaf' and vanilla Greek yogurt matched with 1/2 a banana and strawberries from home. A variation of strawberry short cake.


I enjoyed it, however Kevin wasn't a fan. His critique, the yogurt was too tangy (not sweet like whipped cream), and the loaf was too heavy (not light and airy like angle food cake). But I thought about all this while shopping and was aware of this and thought it would be nice. I enjoyed it.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails