Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Monday, February 1, 2010

Why is it so hard?

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!
Ok, so on the website http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ someone actually posted a message on the message board titled why is it so hard? I of course clicked on it and responded with That's what she said. How could I not. Anyways this person was serious with this title, talking about how hard it is to get motivated to go and work out after working a 10-12 hour work day.
Anyways I hoped that made you smile on this Monday morning.
Yup that is right, Monday. I did not blog over the weekend, as that is no obvious. I simply was too busy and tired to do so. So lets recap, I have a full time Mon-Friday day job, I also have a Tuesday&Wednesday 4-8pm job that includes 9am-3pm every other Saturday, and then another job. This other job I have been at for 6 years, and they just call me every now and again to see if I can work a shift. For the month of Jan I worked 2, 8hour shifts, and this past Saturday I did work 3-11pm. So Yeah when I got home Saturday evening at 11:45 from work, I was too tired to want to blog. So,
Saturday:
Still sadly no O.J in the house. So all I had was my 2 cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal with 1/2 cup of skim milk.
After breakfast, I got moving and headed out to the gym for a 30 min spin class. This spin class was taught by an instructor that I have never worked with. She was a great instructor motivation wise, but man that made for a tough class. I would have stayed and done the muscle moves class (weights), however I wanted to spend more time with Kevin Saturday morning before I had to leave for work at 2pm.

I grabbed myself a big grapefruit for a snack. Here you can see how big it is in my hand with the peel still on it, and then again once the peel is off. It's a big difference really.



For lunch, I really didn't want to make a salad, as I was having one for dinner tonight. I couldn't figure out what I wanted, and seeing as I was home and could make anything I wanted for lunch, I wanted to have something that I wouldn't normally take for a work week lunch. TUNA! Thought I'd make myself and Kevin a Tuna Melt. Oh but wait. . . . Kevin's bad habit. He finished all the bread a couple of days ago, and ooops there still isn't any bread taken out of the freezer. D'oh. Luckily we had 2 english muffins out. So we had our tuna melts on english muffins. With 1/2 a container of tuna for me, with 1 tbsp of Kraft Light Mayo, a generous pinch of chili powder and dill, I topped it off with some PC Southwest cheddar cheese and threw it under the broiler. This is what I got. Looks pretty tasty if you ask me!
I was still hungry after sitting a few mins after having finished my lunch, so I decided to have a yogurt. Smooth and Fruit Astro Yogurt, strawberry flavoured.
DINNER TIME!!! Thursday just past I went out to Jack Astors with a couple of girls from work. One of them got this Californian salad with Salmon. It looked so good, I wished I had ordered it instead of the Pad Thai. Well I decided that I would just simply make this Californian Salad for myself. 4 oz of broiled Salmon, 1 cup of romaine lettuce and 1 cup of arugula, with 4 grape tomatoes, 6 walnuts and 1/2 cup of bean sprouts, topped with 1 tbsp of Irrisistibles Fat Free Soy Ginger salad dressing.






At work, I initially thought that I wouldn't need the 2.5 cups of home made popped pop corn, but I did get hungry and did end up eating it. But let's remember that these were Orvil Redinbachers Original popcorn kernels, popped at home with no salt or butter or anything added to them, and yes it was still good!
So for Saturday my daily calories burned was 740, and my total calories I ate was 1312.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails