Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Monday, February 22, 2010

My dirty little secret

I have to get this off my chest now. I have a dirty little secret, and it's a sad one.


The 6 lbs I lost, I have gained back, and I gained them all back over my 3 day weekend away at Blue Mountain with Kevin.

Every night we were there, we ate out at a restaurant and I did not necessarily make the most healthiest of choices, because, well I skied all day Saturday and did lots of walking around through the day, so I figured I was ok to treat myself.

But that was a week and a half ago you say.

:-( yes I know, and though I have been back at the gym, I did not have step class Monday as it was a Holiday, Tuesday I was still a little sore from skiing on Saturday so I continued to rest up, Wednesday I had a Youth conference that started 8:00, so I didn't want to go to the gym and be late to the conference. Thursday I had a networking breakfast that I had to be at for 7:15am, so again I couldn't make it to my morning class. Friday was my firstday back to the gym. I went to work this Saturday, but I had a basement party. I tried to be good, but I had like 6-8 bud light limes, nachos, nacho dip, pita bread w hummus and guacamole. All not good.

Yesterday I resolved that I was going to be on a better track yesterday and today would be 100% back on the healthy eating exercise wagon. So far so good.

The really hard part is sharing with everyone my failures and having to change my myfitnesspal ticker back thusly erasing all the weight loss to date.

But this is the point of the blogging, being more accountable, and really this is also an opportunity for others who may struggle to see they aren't alone and that its normal that people trip and fall, its all about you picking yourself back up, dusting off and getting back in the game.

Today I am back in the game!

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least you've acknowledged it and have resolved to keep going. Most peoples see the weight come back and quit altogether. So long as you keep moving forward you'll get to where you need to be.

    -The Ninja-

    "Discipline is remembering what you want."

    Incidentally, I only weigh myself on the first of each month so it doesn't totally drive me crazy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails