Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lots of accountability

So today was a great day. I joined another online weight/goal tracking. I joined http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ One of my girlfriends introduced this website to me after getting her new Iphone. At first I was opposed to the idea of joining, as I just started this blog, and I was already finding it difficult to take 10-30 mins to write about myself. However after some navigating, I found several features on the website that I really like. On the website I logged in, created an account, entered my stats (height and weight), and my weight loss goals. So I did just that. Then it calculates how many calories based on the stats and goals you need to input and output to lose or gain as much as 1.5-1.5lbs or maintain your current weight. Then I input my workout/physical activity and it tells me how many calories I have burned based on my personal stats. Also you can add all of your daily food intake and it again based on the serving size you ate how many calories you have taken in. Also even better for many of us, it also helps you keep track of all the water you take throughout the day.
Honestly I truly became addicted to this website today. There are lots of people on there who can help support you, and offer ideas and alternatives to meals.

You can also see and help me keep track of me weight loss goals though the badge from the website on my blog.
So onto my daily intake
For breakfast I had 2/3 of a cup of granola with 2/3 cup of skim milk, and 1/3 of a banana. I again washed it down with 6oz of O.J.
I went to the gym for 6:10am I went to the gym for a 45 min spin class. I have been going to this class for a couple of weeks now and I haven't really seen any results. So last night I decided that I would need to start to step up my work out routine and intensity. So needless to say I really pushed myself in the spin class this morning. After rather than going into the sauna for what would normally be 20-25 minutes, I went back out to the gym floor where I did some ab work. I grab two hand held 8lb weights, stood in a squat and did some side work. I engaged my abs, and leaned from one side back to the centre and then over to the other side. I did 3 sets of 20 reps. I then went and grab a 2lb ball and did some sit ups for about 3-5 minutes. Finished off with some sit ups on the workout ball. I went and and sat in the sauna to loosen up/relax for 15 minutes.

I went into work and reheated the coffee I had made at home. I knew it was going to be a long day so I did more planning ahead.



I had an appointment at work so was out of the office and not able to have a mid morning snack until 11am. When I got back I had a half cup of raspberries.

I held out as long as I could for lunch without leaving lunch too late. I boiled 2 eggs and made myself an egg salad sandwich. Sadly this sandwich is on white bread. This is only because when I went to put the egg salad on my pumpernickel rye bread, it had gone bad. Hmmm... this seems to be a pattern, maybe I need to refresh my pantry and veggie drawer. Anyway, there is mayo in my egg salad, Kraft Light May, and about 1.5tbsp of it, but damn it was tasty.

For a snack I had a mango yogurt protein smoothie. I drank this as I drove between jobs. Very tasty. Sorry no pictures.

While at my part time job, I often find I struggle the most. There is always some sort of sweet and savory snack laying around on the work table where we always linger around. And today was no different. There was some sort of chocolate backed cookies in a Tupperware container. I tried very hard to avoid these treats. I did so well up until 7pm. This was however due to the fact that I hadn't yet eaten dinner. So I had my dinner, and I did not eat any of those cookies.

I had about 2 cups of Dole Coleslaw, with a half a Royal Gala apple cut up into thin slices. I topped my salad with Extra Virgin Olive Oil mixed with Cider Vinegar. Delish!

Total calories that I took in today was 1,356, and my total calories burned through my work out and according to my pedometer the calories I burned through my everyday walking was 1,323.


1 comment:

  1. I'm addicted to MFP too! I swear I'm on it 50 times a day. I see you got the badge working. Glad those instructions worked. I'm not really good at explaining things. I've never thought of having cole slaw with apples and vinegar before. I must try it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails