Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Monday, May 3, 2010

B - A - N - A - N - A - S

This Sh*t is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

I posted earlier today that I had a case of the Mundays, and that I would fill you in when I knew more.

Here is the scoop. I got a call from my part time job, where all the layoffs are happening. This call told me that I had a meeting with our Union President, Director of HR and Executive Director. This is the you got bumped meeting.

Ok, I've accepted that this might happen, I have other plans in the works, and I know that I have people below me that I can bump. So I stopped stressing, and just started to accept the process with irritation.

My meeting was to be at 3:15pm this afternoon. At 2:15pm I got a call back from the same lady who called me this morning, telling me that I do not have a meeting, and that if I have any questions I can call and speak with the Director of HR (yeah well she's in a meeting right now with a coworker of mine who got bumped). I left her a vm to call me back.

It's almost like they accidentally called me, when they really didn't need to. Ugh, this whole process is just b-a-n-a-n-a-s! So much so that the union has written a letter of complaint. :-o

While working at the temp full time job today (Big Brothers & Big Sisters), I snacked on some yogurt and granola.
--> 175g Vanilla Greek Yogurt
--> 1.5 tbsp raisins
--> 30g chunky supreme granola

I kept plugging away working diligently, in between txt msging and bbming my girlfriends from work (current and previous coworkers), as well as my husband keeping them up to date on myself and 2 other coworkers who were getting bumped.

Lunch time came around so quickly!

Sadly, like many of my packed the night before wraps, this one was soggy. If they weren't so darn easy to make I would never make them for lunches in advance like I do.

  • 1 small tortilla wrap
  • .12 red pepper
  • 1tbsp garlic hummus
  • 3 slices of turkey deli meat
  • 2 crimini mushrooms

I also had some veggies to help fill me up. Some carrots and more red pepper. I really love red pepper, roasted and raw. I also had packed some celery that I originally packed for a snack on Saturday. Obviously I didn't eat them Saturday or Sunday. and check them out. I was in such a rush I didn't wash them very well, and they are all dried out now. I opted to meander down to the grocery store and find an alternative.
I thought it was only fitting to grab a banana. 1 because they are fresh and easy to grab 2 I love them, 3 they fit into my daily caloric intake for lunch and 4 this whole day has been, say it with me. . . . . B-A-N-A-N-A-S!I have since left a voice message for the director of HR and (patiently) anxiously awaiting her return phone call.


No doubt there could be more silliness with this whole process, so I will keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails