Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Work marathon

As I have mentioned before, Saturday was a marathon work day. I worked at my first part time job from 9-3pm and then hauled a$s to my second job to work 3-11pm. Luckily *big shout out* the girls I work with were free and were able to let me leave at 2:15pm so that I could get to my second job on time. Thanks girls!

Knowing what kind of day Saturday was going to be I made 2 snacks, a lunch and dinner Friday night after getting home from date night with the girls.

For breakfast I wanted to start out strong and healthy. Enter Green Monster! ! ! !
2 cups of baby spinach, 1/2 banana, 5 large strawberries, 1 tsp cocoa powder, and 2 tsp ground flax.

Luckily my day was flying by, soon it was 11am, and I hadn't eaten a snack yet. I ate my orange and didn't even think twice about stopping to take a picture, that was only until I finished it. No matter we all know what an orange looks like, right?!

Lunch quickly followed the orange.
2 cups romaine lettuce, some thinly sliced red onion, 2 dried figs, 6 large strawberries, 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut, 1 tbsp cashew, sesame seeds, sesame seeds, topped with my homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
My afternoon snack was something I have never had before. Well no that isn't true. I've had this yogurt before, this is just a new flavour
It was good yogurt. Personally I wasn't a fan of the chocolate granola. The yogurt, vanilla, however is divine. I wouldn't buy this flavour again. I do however have one more of these yogurts (cranberry) left in the fridge.

At work, at the co-ed teenage group home, there were no kids at the house all night. They were all out in the community with friends or family and not due back until 11pm (the end of my shift). As nice and quiet as this is, I was disappointed. I had brought chick flicks to watch with the one girl who is usually home. Also she is a vegetarian, so I brought all kinds of veggie goodies to make wraps together.

So I made dinner for just myself (my co-worker, he opted for the white bread homemade subs).
Parsnips baked with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Wraps(per each wrap)
1 tbsp garlic hummus
2 slices tomato
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
2 slices of zucchini
some orange pepper,
3 slices of beets
1 Florette cauliflower rice

The key here is to not use the little wraps like I did and fill them up this much, unless you are going to eat it like a soft shell taco. Go for the big wraps.

As the night went on I got chilly so I made a mug of chamomile tea.
Home by 11:40, to cuddle with Kevin before we decided to go to bed for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails