Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fantabulous morning with the husband

I was so happy to not get out of bed until almost 10am. Wow I needed those almost 10 hours of sleep. Too much working yesterday, though the day flew by.

Kevin and I had decided that we would go for a run. We really need to get a few runs in this week, as Saturday morning we have a 5k race we are running in. We have been running lately, but only after a 13k bike ride so I can get use to the brick for my try-a-tri. This morning was strictly a running workout for the two of us.

So before headed out into the warm damp light rainy weather (I was loving it), I had some oatmeal
Oatmeal
  1. 1/2 mashed up banana
  2. 1/3 cup of quick oats
  3. 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  4. 1 tsp cinnamon
  5. 1 tbsp chia seeds
  6. 1 tbsp raisins
It was a fantastic way to get ready to go out for a run. We did 5.3k in 39.53. This is because we mainly ran at Kevin's pace which is much faster than my pace when I run on my own. I needed to stop a few times along the way and walk. My HRM told me that my heart rate at one point was at 99%. Whenever I looked at it through the run it was between 92-98%, way too high for me.

Also I was having a hard time catching my breath. Hmmm maybe that asthma that I had back in the day and just stopped taking my puffers for is still hanging around for small appearances.

After our run and stretch, I headed down to the basement with my yoga mat and 2, 5lbs weights. Today was Day 1 of my 30 Shred with Jillian Michaels.

Well I don't know if I am just out of shape from having not done a lot of weights, if it was because of the 5.3k run before, the fact that it's Jillian Michaels, or a combination of it all, but wow 5lbs seemed like 10.

The workout was great though and only like 26 minutes with warm up and cool down. I had Kevin take some before pictures of me so that we can compare before and after results from the 30 Day Shred.

Question: Have you done Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? Did you like it? Did you get the results you were hoping for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails