Pages

Life adventures through weight loss/maintenance

Friday, April 9, 2010

That wasa fail!

Well first off I just want to say that I have found out where I got my 5 Minute No Bake Granola Bars, here. I am working on sourcing my recipes more and more. What I was doing was just copying and pasting them into a word document and printing them off to put in my recipe book. But now I try and make sure that I throw a link at the bottom of the recipe so that I can remember where I got it from. Give credit where credit is due.

Sadly for breakfast I couldn`t find the exact link to the recipe I got this from, but it sure was tasty. Very very filling, more filling than just a regular bowl of oatmeal.
1/3 cup oats, 1/2mashed banana, 1tbsp almond butter, .7cup of almond milk, 1tbsp rough ground cashew, sprinkling of coconut. Yummo!

I was pretty tired half way through my Cario Bosu class today. Allison had us doing circuits again. I love doing these, but today was the start of new routines. It was challenging for sure. Especially after all of yesterdays hard working out. But I pushed through and even after went and swam for 22 mins in the pool.
At work, I took about an hour to snack on my morning snack.
Honey dates, almonds, cashew & walnuts. Yes there is 1 hazelnut in there but I just wasn`t feeling it this morning, so I didn`t eat it.

This morning I just don`t feel quite myself. I feel tired, so tired that if I blinked a little too long I could very easily just fall asleep. My appetite is also a little wonky today. I just couldn`t wait until lunch time I was marvin`. So I went and grabbed my wasa that I had packed.
FAIL!
Looks good eh! Pumpkin with pumpkin pie spice on wasa light crackers. I have prepacked wasa before with cream cheese and huumus before, and I know that it gets soft. Wasa is normally a very crunchy brittle crack normally.
Hmm not looking to brittle now is it! Whatever like I said I`ve eaten soft wasa before. I took a bit. The pumpkin was divine. The wasa on the other hand, inedible! I have been trying to figure out how to best describe it to you. Chewy, but not in any good kind of way. Chewy in the kind of way that its like chewing on soggy cardboard, it`s just not breaking down.

I wasn`t eating the rest. What a sad waste.
It felt like a soft pillow. LOL
So I needed something to eat. I still had yesterdays granola parfait from Starbucks in the fridge. I went and grabbed that. Now with this I knew what to expect from my granola, having been in the yogurt all night.
So hit the spot!

For lunch I couldn`t wait. But I was a good girl and did. Actually got caught up doing something and didn`t eat until 12:20. I knew that my lunch was going to fill me up and keep me feeling full all afternoon.
Vegan Lentil Soup. So good. perfect replacement for the tea I`ve been having to keep me warm through this week long April Shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails